This Apricot, Lime, Banana, Coconut and Cashew Nut Bliss Ball contains the perfect balance and combination of unique flavours. Once all of these ingredients are mixed together you will have the most flavoursome bite sized breakfast, snack or dessert.
In most of my recipes I normally use dates as a natural sweetener, however, on this occasion I have decided to use dried apricots, which adds a a sweet yet slightly tart taste to the recipe. The consumption of dried apricots can add wonders to your diet especially for fiber, potassium, non-heme iron, vitamin C, and antioxidant carotenoids.
One of the different ingredients within this recipe is the use of fresh lime juice. Lime juice adds that extra touch to this Apricot, Lime, Banana, Coconut and Cashew Nut Bliss Ball which makes you going back for more. Lime Juice itself contains many healing properties itself for the body such as weight loss, skin care, improved digestion, relief from constipation, eye care, and treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer, respiratory disorders, gout, gums, urinary disorders, etc. But wait there is more…lime juice is not just limited to being used in food and beverage items as you will find this extract all over the world in cosmetic products, body oils, hair oils, toothpastes, soaps, disinfectants, etc. Makes you want to all of a sudden grow a lime tree and smear the juice all over yourself doesn’t it?
This recipe makes 9 bliss balls
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Wheat Free
Preparation & Total Time
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cup dried apricots (purchase organic, unsweetened, unsulfured)
- 1 cup of unsweetened desiccated coconut, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbs coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ medium banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cardomom
- 1 tsp all spice
- 4 tbs flax meal
- 1tsp lime juice
- pinch sea salt
- 1 x measuring spoon
- 1 x chopping board
- 1 x knife
- 1 x juicer
- 1 x food processor
- 1 x measuring cup
- 1 x plate
- Pre-soak the cashew nuts over night
- Place all of the ingredients into the food processor and whiz it up
- Scoop out a tablespoon full of the mixture and roll into a ball
- Roll this into the desiccated coconut and repeat to create the rest of your Bliss Balls. Bon Apetit!
- If you want to change up the flavour feel free to add in/swap for pecans, almonds, raisins, goji berries, prunes, walnuts, nutmeg, cinnamon…your options are endless
- Store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week
- Store these in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 weeks